Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What makes a quality post?

Quality has many different meanings to many people. Quality is definitely a personal thing as what one believes is quality another may not find to be the same. So what is quality to me, and what makes a quality post?


Quality is about substance. If I have found something to be beneficial, have learnt something or I have overcome a challenge by posting this to me deems quality.


To me quality does not have anything to do with quantity. A post does not have to be 500 words to be quality, quite often long posts are simply rambling on and it actually seems like a waste of time having to wade through all the long posts to find any that are helpful, interesting or have relevance. This course has had thousands of posts and many I must admit I’ve read half and given up, it is very time consuming.

I find a quality post gives meaning to the topic, the questions being asked and gives important information. Many posts I consider to be quality in this unit have not even been from those with all the answers but from those with the all important questions. There has been a vast level of experience with the topics in this unit and those that have been brave enough to out themselves as struggling and needing help have posted quality as there are many of us that have been thinking the same thing and just haven’t asked yet. The helpfulness and support of all in this unit has made for an abundance of quality posts. So all in all quality can be anything to anyone based on the situation and what they want to get out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment