Thursday, February 26, 2009

Search Engine Task

1. My favourite search engine is google, like everyone else I google everything.

The phrase I used is "staffordshire bull terrier behaviour".

Google

First Hit -

www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds/staffordshirebullterriers.html

Total number of hits - about 64,800


















2.

I decided to use a couple of different search engines to see if the results I got using the same search phrase differed much. The results varied a lot. I still prefer google out of all the searches, yahoo seems to bring up a lot of advertisement and vaguely related sites. The most recurring website was as above which was the first hit for google this appeared in the top five on ask and dogpile too.

The results of each are below.



www.ask.com

hits 17900









www.yahoo.com

hits 695,000








www.dogpile.com

hits 61

No comments:

Post a Comment