Friday, February 27, 2009

Evaluating the Web

http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/1999/archives/25/roadtests/dog_breeds/staffordshire_bull_terrier

the reliability and authority of the site / source / article

My search took me to the Burke's Backyard website, whilst there is no author listed here it is presented as information supported by Burke's Backyards so to me would be considered fairly reliable as they have experts for their show and magazine on all sorts of topics.

the main ideas or subjects discussed in the article

the area of the site which I was directed to is a fact sheet on staffordshire bull terrier dogs. My search was for their behaviours and the fact sheet lists all areas of the dog from appearance to temperment, health and maintenance.

the purpose for which the site was written (this might include any apparent external interest, intellectual motivation or contextual information)

This site is written for a whole range of purpose, there is an abundance of information relating to plants and gardens as well as animals. It is all about lifestyle issues and topics.

For future use I think that a I would provide a link to external userss staffordshire bull terriers fact sheet which would take the reader directly to the source of the information especially since the website contains so much other information on other topics.

For my own use the snapshot is probably better as you are able to get a pretty good overview of what the site is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment