Monday, February 23, 2009

Blog Task

Blogging is definitely a widely used tool on the internet that many people use. The uses it has are many and varied and I have seen many personal blogs in my Internet travels along with some used to promote a cause, some people use them as a travel diary and to basically communicate with family & friends all at once. There are so many blogs out there and people use them for many reasons. I found a website that listed the top 100 Australian blogs and thought I would check some out. Number one on the list is gizmodo, this blog seems to have a whole lot of articles written about technology from a far side point of view, very different and weird. Basically there are a lot of blogs on there with a lot of junk on there, I worked my way through a few and didn’t really find anything of too much interest.


I must admit blogging is definitely not my thing. I don’t really enjoy following reading or even keeping a blog. I have found it quite challenging to keep up with the blog entries. I am very aware about what I write about myself and I don’t particularly like the fact that anybody with Internet access can read what I write. I do not like to share personal information and thoughts with people whom I don’t know. When I say people I don’t know I don’t mean fellow peers in this course either. As much as I don’t know you all personally I do know you have a name and identity and similar goals to gain from this learning experience. What I mean more by people I “don’t know” is anybody out there having the ability to see what I have written in my log. I don’t like the fact that when I google my name I get hits and it links to my log, and also facebook for that matter but that is a whole other can of worms. I am not really keen on facebook either.

Basically I have shared many thoughts here that I would not have before doing this course and much of this is due to the fact that I don’t want to fail at this subject, I did want to give it a good go and try to step outside my comfort zone. I think I have managed to do that in such a way that I feel comfortable with, without leaving myself feeling exposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment